Senior Mobile Applications Software Engineer Xamarin / C# (m/f)
Jedox optimizes any business processes with a unified solution that you can use from Excel, on the web, on tablets and smartphones, and in the cloud. Constant innovations have made us a leader in this segment.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Applications Software Engineer for our headquarters in Freiburg tointegrate our Development team.
You will work on the development of mobile applications for our product which is currently used by 2300 companies worldwide. Our primary mobile application (Jedox Mobile) accesses our web frontend through a backend component and lets users display predefined web-based business reports, create ad-hoc reports on the fly and thereby interact with the data stored in our database as well as access stored files and documents. The feature set of the app is constantly expanded and, in the future, other mobile applications
with different purposes will be developed.
Writing clean, maintainable code using test-driven development (TDD) is crucial to always ensure the best quality of our products. Working closely together with the development team is highly suggested. Technologies to discuss different approaches and to review each other’s code are already set up to help theteam to pull together. This ensures that everyone can contribute to the product with his own ideas andallows space for everyone’s creativity.
The development team is supported by a UI/UX team, so developers can focus on what they usually love to do: coding. This doesn’t mean of course that there is no influence on the look and feel of the applications by the developers. But it ensures that there is always a talented colleague around who knows the best practices in design questions.
Data security is always critical in mobile applications – especially when dealing with sensitive business data such as the data of our customers. Therefore, it is of outmost importance to ensure that not only user authentication / authorization but also encrypting the data during the communication with our mobile backend as well as encrypting the data stored on the mobile devices fulfill the latest industry standards.
- Mobile application development using Xamarin / C# in a young and international team
- Participation in the whole software development lifecycle: specification, design, prototype, implementation, test and maintenance
- Evaluation of new technologies and approaches together with the development team
- Maintenance of the source code and its documentation and unit tests
- Collaboration with external (e.g. customers, partners) as well as internal (product management,consulting, sales, marketing, documentation, quality assurance and support teams) stakeholders
- Years of practical experience in mobile applications development
- (preferably cross-platform mobile application development using Xamarin)
- Profound knowledge in object-oriented languages (preferably C#), software architecture and usual
- architectural patterns like MVVM
- Experience in test-driven development (TDD) is beneficial
- Experience in Salesforce platform development and customization (e.g. Lightning Component-
- Framework, Apex, Visualforce) is beneficial
- Good knowledge of data and communication security and user authentication / authorization
- Experience in usual development tools like working with IDEs (e.g. Visual Studio), versioning tools
- (e.g. Subversion), bug trackers (e.g. Mantis), code review tools (e.g. Upsource)
- Good German and English skills spoken and written
Jedox is a dynamic, team-oriented, and high-energy culture. We offer a flexible and exciting workenvironment, including many opportunities for professional and personal growth. You will be joining a diverse team where new impulses are a must! Be a core contributor in our rapid growth, enjoy new challenges and advance in your own career.
Be part of the Jedox success story. Plan your future – together with us.
We look forward to receiving your application!